COVID-19 PROTECTION AND SAFETY PLAN
Here at the Terror On Rural Street, the health and safety of our customers and staff have always been one of our top priorities. We have staff that continuously walk through the attraction every night making sure everything is safe, as well as doing intense daily inspections of our walkthrough checking our walls, props, animatronics, customer paths, and actor areas.
With the current COVID-19 situation, we have gone even further and taken extra steps following health guidelines to ensure the safety and health of our customers and staff while having a screaming good time.
1. Masks: Mask’s are strongly recommended but not required at this moment.
2. Maintain Distancing Guidelines for Groups: Safety staff, audio broadcasts, and printed signage will remind groups to remain distanced between them and others that are not part of their household.
3. Disclaimers and Warnings: Printed signs will be posted at the box office and at the entrance warning customers to not enter if they are experiencing flu-like or COVID-like symptoms or are feeling ill.
4. Inside the Building: Indoor queueing has been eliminated. The only areas will be the ticket scanning queue lines which have been completely redesigned to allow for groups to be at least 6’ apart during the ticket scanning process.
5. Capacity: Capacity can be reduced/managed to allow for appropriate social distancing.
6. Entering the Haunt: Guests will enter the haunt with only their immediate group (no strangers) and be reminded to stay at least 6’ away from any groups that they may encounter within the haunt. Customers will be timed to allow adequate distances between groups. Staff will be posted inside the attraction as well, to ensure customers are in compliance with distancing measures.
7. Increased Cleaning of All Surfaces (handrails, doors, restrooms, etc.): Additional staff will be hired for dedicated sanitation duties. To include minimums of every 45-minute cleaning rotations of all handrails, doorknobs, etc. and every 30 minutes for all restrooms using a 1000ppm sanitation solution. Additionally, other staff will be periodically cleaning their specific areas/rooms inside and outside of the attraction.
8. Hand Sanitizing Stations: Hand pump sanitizing stations will be available at the property entrance, queue space, exit of the attraction. Customers will be asked to sanitize their hands before entering the building.
9. Ticketing: Online ticket sales and purchases will be strongly encouraged over on-site cash/card. Our Skip-The-Line VIP ticket does not have a virtual queue line. If you have a Skip-The-Line VIP ticket, you will go straight into the haunt. No waiting!
CAST AND CREW Management
- All Staff will be wearing face masks as per the CDC Guidelines.
- Hand Sanitizing Stations: Hand pump sanitizing stations will be available throughout the cast areas of the attraction.
- No Sharing/Exchanging Costumes/Masks: Staff shall not be allowed to change costumes/characters/masks in-show, ensuring less cross-contamination. Nightly cleaning and disinfecting of masks, face shields, goggles, and costumes will be conducted via washing, wiping, and/or use of disinfecting foggers, following CDC cleaning guidelines and sanitation solution/mixture.
We have been working hard to prepare our attraction so we can safely open while following current health guidelines. We can’t wait to show you our new changes!